Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tilted!

Friday: Played a €20 satellite into the €100 game in CHL. Top 3 get a ticket. I bubbled which is happening too often lately. Go on a bit of a mini tilt and end up buying into the big game, which I had intended not to do. Run well at the start, 3 tables so it had about 27 runners. I reach FT, suffer massive dent when my QQ run into a lady’s KK. Push and the lady calls and gets a runner runner straight for the second time that night against me. I buy €120 chips upon exit and blow it all on the cash game of ohama/hold’em.


Saturday: Went to the Deaf club. EGM was a no-go because there weren’t enough people. Tournament got 18 runners. Standard was woeful. Play only two hands, TT and 99. Lost on both of them and I’m out in 15th which I don’t really care about. Jay went on to win it.


Sunday: Ashbourne Utd away to Raheny-was an unused sub thank god. We had a bazillion chances to score but could only put the ball in the back of the net just the once. In typical fashion, Raheny don’t get a sniff until the dying minutes of the game where they equalise from a free kick. Only ourselves to blame for not taking our chances and killing the game off. Play the €100 FO in Coolquay later. Again 3 tables so it had about 27 runners. Standard was poorer than on Friday. Just before getting to the FT, I double up when I sucked out on the river against some messer with an awful hand J2 vs. AK. I apologise and he replies, “ah fuck off you deaf cunt”. I lose the head and go on uber tilt and spew my chips and butcher my exit hand horrifically-KK. A cock up with the tournament clock afterwards didn’t help and I leave the place feeling as frustrated as I have ever felt in a very long, long time.


Monday: Still not over what happened on Sunday. Can’t help as it keeps playing on my mind. I also am a bit frustrated with the fact I had it in me to win the thing if I had just ignored him. Certainly not going to play in the Coolquay again.

No comments: