Friday, June 13, 2008

APAT here I come!

Tomorrow I’m playing in a poker tournament organised by the Amateur Poker Association Tour. They are very well known and their tournaments are supposed to be very well organised. When they announced their tournament in Dublin, the seats were sold out very quickly and I was lucky enough to secure one. Even luckier were Julianne, Frank and Tim who managed to get a seat later through the seat exchange where people were unable to make it and were selling their tickets.

I haven’t played a tournament with such a good structure and clock since the PartyPoker Irish Poker Championship in Galway at the start of 2008. Most of the €100 tournaments in Dublin have a 25 minute clock with 8k starting stack so the main reason why I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s tournament is because we get a 10k starting stack with a 40minute clock which is superb for only €96!!! As always with every time I enter a tournament, I hope to go deep and cash! But if I get knocked out-may it be early and not close to the bubble!! That would just annoy me!

APAT will be doing updates so keep an eye out for one of us!!! Hope one of us takes it down!

I’ve been playing online the last few days. God I totally suck at online poker. I don’t have any reads on players and also I think online poker favours the mathematical players of which I certainly am not! I really have to do something about my online game- it sucks so much it embarrasses me.

I’ve been trying to organise a sponsorship package for IDP, I’ve been emailing a few companies but the best deal offered so far has been Betway. I was lucky to meet a Betway representative in Gothenburg and I asked him if they would sponsor us. He got his UK based colleague to contact me and they offered a very nice deal. I don’t think the other companies I emailed will come up with a better deal so I hope to have the Betway deal wrapped up over the next week or two.

Gonna play the usual €20 satellite in CHL later. My usual friday tournament!

And I finally managed to put up a SHORT post! No rambling for today!!! :-)

No comments: